[A83] Re: Running programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Running programs

Programs (as most other variables) are stored somewhere in user ram.
When the program is executed (I assume you mean assembly), it's
current location is looked up in the VAT (Variable Allocation Table, much
like the FAT on a computer hard disk). Then an amount of space equal
to the program size is freed beginning at progstart (9327h on the 83-,
9D95h on the 83+/83+SE), after which the program is copied to this
location. When the program quits, this space is de-allocated, effectively
deleting the copy.
Apps are run very differently, but that's a question for somebody else,
sorry, can't help you there.

Rob van Wijk