[A83] (OT?) Headphone / Line out <---> Link Port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] (OT?) Headphone / Line out <---> Link Port

Hi all,

This isn't exactly an assembly question, but since TI-Hardware seems to be
dead, what the heck...

Can the headphone jack or line out jack of a stereo audio device directly
connect to a TI calc and send highs and lows?  I have made a program that
can recieve variables from audio CD's through a headphone jack.  So far my
program has detected when I manually touch ground to the white and red
conductors.  However, it doesn't detect when I play a CD with a straight
tone from headphone or line out jack to the link port.  Do I need some
transistors or diodes?

Jeff