[A83] Re: calculator networking - good idea?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: calculator networking - good idea?

> Van: Jeff <telepath75@hotmail.com>
>
> Hello all.
>
> I have been toying with an idea for some time now, and I want criticism
> on how practical, plausible, and possible my idea is.
>
> It seems that any calculator communications currently in existence deal
> with an interface between one calculator and one storage device, modem,
> or another calculator.  My idea is to create a TI-XX calculator network.

One word: "MBUS"

It's an I2C implementation, there are ports for all Z80 Ti calcs. Don't ask
me if you would be able to communicate with your motherboard monitoring
equipment or your I2C driven tv-tuner card.

Search for that on Ticalc.org:

http://www.google.com/?q=MBUS%20site:ticalc.org
http://www.google.com/?q=MBUS%20I2C%20site:ticalc.org

There's (has been) a site about MBUS somewhere out there too. Some 'links':

http://members.xoom.com/_merlin/
http://www.google.com/?q=cache:www.clinet.fi/~ozone/mbus/
http://www.google.com/?q=MBUS%20I2C

Has been ported to the Ti83 in 1999 by Vasantha Crabb
<_merlin@operamail.com>

Haven't gotten into porting it to the z88dk, I probably never will.

	Henk Poley <><