[A83] Re: ROMs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: ROMs

> Do you know how they are encoded?  The one included with TI's emulator
> appears to be binary, but has some extra junk that I couldn't figure out
> (in the five minutes I looked at it).

It is encoded in Intel hex. Tasm can output your programs in this format
too. As far as I can recall (didn't see it in months) it's formatted like
this:

:8 digits (something with address, type and length)
bunch of ASCII encoded hex (this is what you need)
2 digits (checksum (MIGHT BE 4 DIGITS!!))

If I remember correctly their is 20h = 32d bytes of hex per line.
Strip the extra junk, convert the ASCII encoded hex to real hex and you
should be able to load it into VTI.

Rob van Wijk

http://www.gmx.net

Follow-Ups: References: