[A83] Re: libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: libraries

At 07:54 PM 3/13/02 +0100, you wrote:

> > MirageOS already has got a gettext call (sort of
>textbox), maybe you can
> > look at that one.
> >
>It seemed to me that the original proposition was hinting
>at applying more "OOP spirit", not only simple subroutines
>that could be called from the programs. But that's an
>impassable way, at least on a Z80 calc...
>
>PG

You might be able to do OOP, provided that you built a complex high-level
interpreter and compiler, and used it only in situations where speed is not
important.  A graphical solution is out of the question (rapid screen
updates and mouse cursors use up all the system resources.  There is no
proc time left for the actual program) A system that allowed you to use
sub-var level stuff, like prog.sizebytes, prog.name, etc. might be helpful,
I am unsure if this is possible to integrate with our assembler or the
Z88DK program.

Follow-Ups: References: