[A83] Re: Assembly Studio 8x

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Assembly Studio 8x

The command processor that comes with NT (cmd.exe) is pretty decent.  It has
real scrolling, copy/paste, etc., much like an xterm.  If you keep thinking
Windows sucks and all you've used is the consumer line (95, 98, ME), then do
yourself a big favor and switch to NT.  Personally, I'd much rather use
Windows 2000 than Linux for a day to day desktop OS (though I'd really like
to try OS X).

Alternatively, install Cygwin and the OpenSSH server on your Windows box.
Then use PuTTY to SSH into it.  For some reason, Cygwin uses the NT command
interpreter, instead of it's own terminal emulator.  And it sucks.  The
terminal emulation is all screwed up.  PuTTY is much, much better.

Of course, I always just SSH into the Debian box sitting next to my Windows
box using PuTTY... (why bother cluttering the desk with multiple monitors
and keyboards when you just need a xterm?)