[A83] Re: Getting lost RAM back

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Getting lost RAM back

Maybe if I do a hex dump of the RAM before and after the memory leak I can
figure out what I need to do to fix it... Is there a place in RAM that stores
the location to the next place in RAM not used? How do InsertMem and DelMem
work? Could I free the RAM by loading the program length into DE and pointing
HL to userMem, then B_CALL DelMem? Just an idea.

-Tom

Quoting Ronald Teune <rtwolf@gmx.net>:

> Well, I don't know very much about it, but I'll try.
> The program is being copied to the progstart location, when it's being
> executed.
> I imagine that it's double in memory, at that time, at the original
> place,
> and at the saferam place, and that it somehow stays double. The only way
> know to remove the extra bytes is clearing your ram...
>
> >Is there any way to recover lost memory, such as when the user turns
> the
> >calculator off while in a GetKey ROM call in an ASM program? I'm not
> >looking for alternative key entry routines, just an explanation of
> why
> >the memory is lost, where it goes, and how to get it back. Thanks a
> lot!
> >
> >-Tom

Follow-Ups: References: