[A83] Small Letters

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Small Letters

I recently got my 83+, and after playing around with some apps, I discovered
a benefit that I thought could be isolated and used in the TI-OS.It seems
when you have Symbolic installed on a calc, then send MirageOS to that calc,
from another calc (not a pc), this sometimes unlocks a small letters options
by pressing ALPHA twice, or 2nd, ALPHA, ALPHA for lock (Like the 86, my
other calc), during normal TI-OS operations (home screen, prog editor, etc).
So far this has only happened on OS 1.14, but all the calculators I have
tried it on (happened by accident once, tried on 3 more - 2 worked and 1
didn't(it was reconditioned ??would that affect it???)) have had this OS so
it might work on others. I think it might be a left over interrupt routine
or something that causes this (I am used to 86asm, are interrupts used much
on the 83+?). Does anyone know what would cause this and if it could be
isolated as a single prog/app that installs this function to your 83+?

Martin Smith
smity42@yahoo.com

P.S. I only know 86asm, where can I learn some 83+ asm and how to write
flash apps?