[A83] Re: Is compression possible?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Patai Gergely wrote:

> bytes). The "decompressing" routine takes around 2k (I
> don't know exactly because I never bothered to compile it
> separately). However, I can add lots of cars and tracks if

This is drifiting off the topic of the thread, but if you're using TASM,
there is a (fairly) simple way you can check the length of a snippet of
code in your program without compiling it seperately.

USELESS INFORMATION ALERT!!!

Just do something like this:

RoutineYouWantToMeasure:
...    ; routine code goes here
RoutineYouWantToMeasureEnd:

.ECHO "Size of RoutineYouWantToMeasure is: "
.ECHO (RoutineYouWantToMeasureEnd - RoutineYouWantToMeasure)
.ECHO " bytes.\n"

Then when you compile, TASM will display something like:
Size of RoutineYouWantToMeasure is: xxx bytes.

I'm full of useless bits of information like that ;)

Follow-Ups: References: