[A83] Re: microcode

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: microcode

At 20:51 2001-09-18, you wrote:
>I didn't know about this new capability of new Intel processors. Sounds
>very interesting.
>Will see if I can find some more info on it.
>///Olle

After some searching on the Intel pages I have found nothing about this.
Someone (maybe the one claiming it to be so) could provide some links to
more information?
about the update.. If I designed any such system, I think I would do it in
cooperation with the chipset, and with some advanced crypto signing. with a
public key in the chipset, to verify that the update is made and signed by
me (intel) before updating the processor maybe. (with the private key
printed on paper and locked in a big safe or something) Have never claimed
to be an expert though, probably is some really smart way to do it pretty
securely... :)

///Olle