[A83] Re: The fuzz at ticalc.org

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: The fuzz at ticalc.org

> Do you know specifically which files are the problem?  I think a lot of us
> would be interested in knowing.

Alas not, this was something from the calc.org forum, one inappropriate file
someone found was listed there.
I'd be interested too in knowing exactly what files were the cause.

> Parents usually do not have qualms about buying an expensive graphing
> calculator because it is recommended by the school.  TI is trusted as being
> an educator.  Once this trust is broken, it becomes more difficult to be
> endorsed by schools.  Parents that hear about inappropriate content on TI
> calculator related products will be warry about buying them, consider
> alternatives, and possibly put pressure on schools to consider alternatives.
> This directly hurts calculator sales.

Didn't think about that, good point.

But why imply nearly all of the blame on ticalc.org, and let other calculator
sites that had nothing to do with the cd suffer from it too...

Ah well, maybe they'll relist all the sites in a couple of weeks, and this
whole ticalc.or closedown, and TI removing links to calc archives, is just
some show performance for the shools and parents....

Follow-Ups: References: