[A83] Re: Selfmodifying code

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Selfmodifying code

At 05:54 PM 10/8/2001 +0000, you wrote:

>Thanks, great explanation, now I know how things work, and I finally
>see what use Shells actually have, at first I though that they only
>were kind of a graphical frontend+some library code, but now I see that
>they infact serve a much larger purpose.
>Anyway, I think I will stick with ZASMLOAD for my program, as I
>haven't looked into shells at all.

That's exactly what I thought, until I actually looked into ION programming
while looking for instruction on porting to 83+ from 83-.  It is actually
easier than some bits of ZASMLOAD programming, as you can use calls to do
common graphical tasks like random numbers or sprites.  I also find ION
code easier to read, as the romcalls are differentiated from the internal
calls by BCALL() (This helps with more obscure romcalls, and custom
versions of romcalls).  If you read IonGuru, it has everything you need to
know, including the slightly modified header.