[A83] Re: Ideas.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Ideas.

Well, this thread has taken an interesting turn. :) I'll let you guys handle
the interpreter. I wrote a simple Z80 emulator to test some of my ideas of
digital evolution (it was actually really interesting, self-replicated code
took over the RAM)...but used ZDS to assemble all my code.

Anyway, I think writing a BASIC interpreter would be a project a bit larger
than something I'd like to committ to. Anymore ideas?

I'm always interested in writing tools that help developers (look at what
I've done recently: AppGuru, convbmp, convhex and MenuCreator) and I've got
a few ideas there:

  - The DevHelp app I was talking about.
  - Looking into various link ideas.
  - Creating more GUI libraries for applications.

Ok, I think it was David, who mentioned the problems w/DevHelp, and I think
he's probably right. Might put that one on the backburner, try VTI and TIs
Flash Debugger are probably the best debugging tools.

While my knowledge of using the USB is fairly limited, I'd like to look at
ways of communicating w/the calculator via the USB link, see how quick I can
transfer data back and forth. I think it is fairly simple to do in Windows
(anyone?). Dunno why this'd be helpful...just sounds cool. :)

After creating menu code, I looked at list code as well and how to integrate
that in. Perhaps extend that to things like selection screens and other
TI-GUI elements.

I'm just writing all of this down for ppl to comment on. Like I said, I
really don't wanna work on something that someone is going to use or care
about.

Finally, thanks to those of you that showed your appreciation for ASMGuru.
Glad you all like it. Before you all ask, no, it isn't being updated. :)

Right - well, that's enough from me...I'd really like your feedback. You've
been excellent so far...

Later,

James.

Follow-Ups: References: