[A83] Re: ZNEWLOAD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: ZNEWLOAD

Speaking about ZeS and Venus. There's something new coming, based on ideas
from Yhean and me (and feedback from users like Dan Weiss :-). Many things
still have to be worked out though, but I can already tell you a few
features.

For those of you who don't know ZeS or Venus yet. Both, although in a
different way, allow running Assembly programs as if they were Basic
programs, just from the prompt.

Both had also some sort of lib support. However, people (like DanW)
don't seem to like libs that much, so next release won't have any.
Promised :-). As with Ion, some frequently used routines will probably
(read: still thinking about that) be included in the core.

What's more is that it won't need any installation anymore. Just put it on
your calc (1 file!) and use/transmit/delete it.

Since you only need the core to execute assembly, an explorer/shell is not
really necessary, which reduces the size enormously. However, we do know
people like GUI's so we're working on something nice anyway. That explorer
will have Ion support.

Our main goal is actually the user-friendly part.

A date of release is still unknown, but some really interested
beta-testers *might* get a chance to get a pre-release.

Tijl Coosemans