[A83] Re: decompiling a romshot

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: decompiling a romshot

  You did disable labels and data finding correct?
Otherwise, with a the rom image, it is going to look
very, very funky, you'll probably get mostly .db's.
There is no easy way to determine whether sometime is
meant to be code, or if its meant to be data.  And if
you used labels, you will run into problems since the
rom is paged.
  It probably took so long because of the labels and
datafinding....  Lets see, a disassembled 83p rom,
without labels and data finding on... 7.5 meg source
file, with a 12.5 meg List file, done in 5.5 minutes.

The reason I say that it has limited rom disassembly
capabilities, is just that it will do a disassembly of
anything with a .rom extension (no other checking
whatsoever), you just have to tell it where to start.
If the address gets above FFFF, I just start it again
at 4000.

Hope you find what you are looking for in the rom,
thats a hell of a lot of code to wade through.

Jimmy Conner