A83: Re: Speed of Fastcopy

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Speed of Fastcopy

> 2 Questions regarding Fastcopy routines:
>
> 1. Is CrASH's Fastcopy faster than ION's? (VTI says CrASH's is faster?
> 2. Could it be ported or is it too fast for the LCD controller?

Answer to Q2:
Probably it will be too fast for the ROM versions 1.10 and higher, for
those calcs the FastCopy routine is already slowed down, because the screen
get's garbled-up with the old one. (It looks a bit like you watch the
screen from under water)

It really anoys me that some programers are using the old FastCopy, I can't
play/see those programs...

BTW: The effect 'slows down' as the batteries degrade, and from contrast
level 6 and higher it isn't there anymore. But collecting old batteries to
play Phoenix or something is not really a thing I expect myself to do.

	Henk Poley