Re: A83: Two graphical problems to solve.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Two graphical problems to solve.

In accordance with the prophecy, Martin Virt uttered:

> Not this one. The Eble/Yopp routine benefits from from the 86's screen
> length of 16 bytes, and a neat trick with the RLD-Routine. There's no
> way this can be duplicated, as the 83/83+'s screen length is 12 bytes
> and therefore doesn't conform to nibble-boundaries. To be honest, I've
> already written a routine, but the ~160 clock cycles can't compare to
> the 127 of Ti-86's. I'd like to compare it to other routines in order to
> find anything that I may have overseen. (And I still have to test it for
> *possible* bugs...)
>
> Thanks again,
>               Martin

How about using a 128x64 buffer, and a custom routine to copy it to the actual
display. That routine would only care about the first 12 bytes of each row. The
find_pixel routine, OTOH, would be able to use nibble tricks.

Linus
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
                 --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of
                                   Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

Follow-Ups: References: