Re: A83: TI COLOR!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: TI COLOR!!!!

At 17:47 2001-02-05, you wrote:
>   I remember Linus creating blue lines before, I think
>he called it his blue screen of death or something, I
>can't remember... but try this.
>
>   ld a, 1Fh
>   out (10), a
>   ret
>
>; 3E1FD310C9

Ah, that is "test mode select".
shouldn't make any differece if you use 18, 1C, 1E or 1F
please try, I do not own a ti83

>  or if you want to do another little trick with the
>LCD, try this
>
>   ld a, 5Fh
>   out (10), a
>   ret
>
>; 3E5FD310C9
>
>   That will scoot the LCD down 32 pixels and it wraps
>around the top.  It goes away when you power off
>though.  Ofcourse both of these have to be done on an
>actual calc, VTI doesn't properly emulate the LCD
>driver.

This function in the lcd driver is though very useful. Perfect for makeing
fast vertical scroll.
(no need to move or shift actuall data, speeding it up a lot)
Also perfect for "screen shake" effects.
The register in the lcd driver is called Z-address set.
you can probably put it back by running
3E40D310C9
if you don't want to power off :)

//Olle