[A83] Re: Small C?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Small C?

> Van: Patai Gergely <patai.ti@freemail.hu>
>
> Sorry, if I restart something annoying, I'm new to
> the list. And I'm just about to stop it after this
> post. :)

Huh? Hidding I hope?

> [..C is not ment for Z80, 68k is about the lowest limit..]

This has been discussd here over and over...

> You'll never write an object oriented environment (OS?) [..]

C++ is object orientated, C not... Though even the C streams are a bit
redundant/big on the Z80, I have to say. Most Small-C implementations
though don't have streams.

> I don't understand why it is better to force
> using a hih-level language other than #including
> a set of well-optimized routines you made
> for yourself.

You are very correct. Routines should be in assembly off coarse, having
them nice and optimized. I like to have great variety of routines. As far
as I've seen, only (some of the) compilers have got libs that contain
enough routines to be of any importance. btw, these routines don't
necesairely need to be in one [library]file, since then you won't be able
to edit/optimize it whenever you want.

> Yes, I'm a passionate fan of assembly. :)

Me too, maybe a little less passionate :-)

	Henk Poley <><