[A83] Re: more push and pop stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: more push and pop stuff

Yes.  So don't do that :)

On the 86, there is a rom call to get you out no matter what, called
"_jforcecmdnochar" (not kidding).  I don't remember what the 83/83+
equivalent is, but a quick grep of the include file ought to turn up what
you want.

Or, you can do it yourself:

; at the start of the program, save the stack position
 ld hl,0
 add hl,sp
 ld (stacksave),hl

; when you need to bail
stacksave = $+1
 ld hl,0
 ld sp,hl
 ret            ; return to TI-OS

> I would expect a _quit romcall or something, because if I push without
> poping back the same number of time I pushed and try to return to the the
> shell, something will (65534 out of 65535 times (memory adresses, I might
> just hit the quit adress)) get messed up, or wouldn't it?

Follow-Ups: References: