>	 +
>	+++
>	 +
>
>and I want to make it twice as large, so it becomes
>
>	 +
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	+++
>	 +
>
>What's the best way to do this? (8x16 sprite) I think
>I can try plotting the first one, and then the second
>8 pixels below the first, but maybe there is an other
>(faster) way? I use movax's sprite routine (of course)

  Displaying one sprite over the other like that would only work with a
ORing sprite routine, so movax's routine would have to be slightly altered.
There is also a problem that in order to precisely double the above sprite
via overlapping you would have to overlap 3 times (overlapping two sprites
will be 15 pixels high).

  My advice: Make the doubled sprite its own sprite. The doubled sprite data
would be 16 bytes (not much). Then, switch to a sprite routine that'll do
variable defined sizes (not movax's). If you need only to do basic XORing
(no clipping, no masking), I suggest the the one located in ZLIB. There is
also a sprite routine in that library that'll do variable defined widths as
well. They're both small and easy to use.
    Sam