A83: Re: prob. lame

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: prob. lame

----- Original Message -----
From: Jonas 'Jetthe' Tull <jetthe@home.se>
To: <assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 2:45 PM
Subject: A83: prob. lame

> Probably a very lame question,
> but I'm new to the ASM programming, only done some BASIC(pc and calc) and
> VB before. Now I'm trying to learn ASM, but I'm kinda stuck.
> The following code is compiled ok, but when I try to runt it on my calc
> (ti-83). It just returns an "Err: Syntax".
> What am I doing wrong? (note: I'm loading it through a "send(9prgmNAME" as
> you'r supposed to).
>
> [stripped #include etc.]
>
> .org 9327h
> call _clrLCDFULL
> set textInverse, (iy+textflags)
> ld hl,0000h

this should be...

> ld (CURCOL),hl
  ld (penrow),hl

> ld hl,str1
> call _vputs
> res textInverse, (iy+textflags)
> ld hl,0100

this should be...
> ld (CURCOL),hl
ld (CURROW),hl

> ld hl,str2
> call _puts
> ret
> str1:
> .db "Inverted Text.",0
> str2:
> .db "Normal Text.",0
> .end
> END
>

> /jetthe

remember that the small text coordinates are penrow and pencol, text is
printed to them by _vputs
the large home screen text coords are CURCOL AND CURROW, text is printed
there by _puts
you needed to change CURCOL to CURROW because, the row and col are not in
the same order for both fonts.

or you could have just wanted to make the big font for both strings, in that
case change the _vputs to _puts and both CURCOL references to CURROW.

happy coding!
-harper