Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

--- Jeremy <jedrake@linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us> wrote:

> I can write programs for the 83, I was just trying
> to learn how to program
> the 83 plus.  Anyway, I am making the disassembler
> for DOS, which I have
> been programming in for years.  I haven't been able
> to find a
> disassembler besides the one in the Virtual TI, so I
> decided to write one.
> I will continue to write it, because I want a
> disassembler that will work
> the way I want it to work.  I will give copies of it
> when I'm done.  It
> can handle lots of commands so far, and I hope to
> have it give the names
> of the ROM calls, too.
>
> Jeremy
>

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 Jkhum98@aol.com wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 2/21/00 10:43:31 AM Central
> Standard Time,
> > jedrake@linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us writes:
> >
> > > I was able to get my program to work (sort of).
> It displays a strange
> > >  character and the "this is small text" message.
>  But that's OK.  I now
> > >  know how to do it, so I can make more programs.
>

> > >  I'm currently working on a TI-83 disassembler.
> It would take a "squished"
> > >  .83p file and turn it into a source file.  It's
> going along pretty well,
> > >  I'm already on opcode B0h.  My eventual goal is
> to convert Bill Nagel's
> > >  Nibbles, Pong, and Tetris into 83 plus.  Now
> that I know how to convert 83
> > >  to 83 plus, all I need is a disassembler, which
> is currently in the
> > >  making.  Would anyone want a copy of this
> disassembler when I'm done with
> > >  it, sort of beta testing, I guess?  It's going
> to be a while, I'm getting
> > >  into the hard stuff starting at CBh, DDh, and
> EDh.  They each have 255
> > >  opcodes that start with that byte and have
> another byte in the code.  Lots
> > >  of boring typing...
> > >
> > >  Jeremy
> >
> > Jimmy Conner has already made a Dissassembler that
> can do a prog from any z80
> > calc. And Dan Englender has already made on that
> works On-Calc in his program
> > called Calcsys. I think your efforts to make such
> a program would be wasted.
> > Btw, why start on such a large project if you just
> learned how to send a
> > Hello World type prog to your calc? I think you
> need more experience in
> > coding first, and you should start out learning by
> making smaller programs.
> > cya...
> >
> > Jason_K

  A new version of my Disassembler will be released
soon.  Just a few small things to add.  So far it
supports the 82,83,83+ (& flash apps),85,86.  Most all
the major shells are detected and the headers
formatted accordingly.  Limited support for strings
and data, and lots of options to play around with.
  Every opcode is supported except for *some* of the
undocumented ones that Joe gave us.  Plus it does rom
calls and equates (I'm working on flag equates at the
moment). Its for Win32 and was programmed in VB6.

  All in all its everything I wanted except for the
difficulty of detecting data/code.

  I do believe your efforts would be wasted to program
your own, but go right ahead, maybe you could come up
with a way to effeciently tell the differece between
data and code.  I started programming mine because I
thought someone else's was inefficent in its job,
maybe you should look at mine and see if you think the
same thing. :)

Jimmy Conner

=====
»      TIMagic@goatse.cx     «