A83: Probably terribly annoying question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Probably terribly annoying question

Ok,
This is my first time posting, and I have a terribly annoying thing to ask
of everybody; I'm wanting to write a prog that generates and decodes DTMF
phone signals.  My first impulse was just to build a connection that goes
directly from the calc to the phone and get data off that, but I'm thinking
that might blow up my calc (phone lines are -48 volts...).  Besides, it'd be
cooler to use a speaker\mic deal.  Anybody tried anything like this?  Any
ideas or tips would be GREATLY appreciated.
Cowzilla

This is trey's signature.  It ends his messages.