Re: A83: pixel testing and ION

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: pixel testing and ION

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:10:27 -0400, Chris wrote:

>well again I ask how do you do a pixel test in ASM?  With just the actual
>test and jp's but don't draw any pixels if it's on or off, cause that's
>what has been confusing me in all the source code I've looked at.
>
>About ion:  Since I'm kind of new to 83 ASM I'm not too experianced but I
>would help in anyway possible.  Just tell me how to port the code and i'll
>make all my games for 83 and +.  But I don't have an 83 so I'm going to
>need someone who does to test it.

  The _ipoint rom call can do this - do the following:

  ld b,50        ; x coord
  ld c,20        ; y coord
  ld d,3         ; Tell rom call to test pixel
  call _ipoint   ; Test it!!
  jr z,on        ; If z, the point was on
off:
  yadayadayada
on:
  yadayadayada

  The coord (0,0) is the bottom right of the screen. I hope this helps.
Check the proper TI documentation for more info.

James Vernon
jimbob_v@hotmail.com