Re: A83: Has anyone dumped the 83+ ROM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Has anyone dumped the 83+ ROM?

> Well lets see... Yes FlashRom is in $4000-$7FFF most of the time, unless
you
> manually switch a Ram page into there for some odd reason... Where do you
> plan on "finding out" if an application can do this for you?  An 83 Emu on
> the 83+ is really a dumb idea... It's not worth it to try to fit the 83's
Rom
> into Archive Memory on the 83+, and then have some type of program that
> redirects alot of romcalls in the 83 prog's data... It's just easier to
write
> for ION, and then your progs become compatible for the 83 and 83+, and
games
> can be ported quite easily also... Btw, its not like there is some big
> secret, or that there is some hidden info out there that will allow you to
> better create this idea which many other people have brainstormed for, it
is
> just not proctical to try to get 83 games to run on the 83+ without any
> alteration... Oh yeah, and about the rom dump, no, nobody has gotten one
for
> the 83+ yet... cya. =P

Umm...  you could just redirect the jump table only.

Here's why I don't use ION: squish.inc is HUGE compared to ion.inc.

As for the alteration problem...  Since the shell would be forced to be 16k
long, I might as well add code to the shell to recognize games and patch
them accordingly.  This would have to be done for games like Penguins, which
accesses the VAT directly (as the 83+ has a different format).  CrASH was
1000 bytes and had excellent features - imagine what could be done with 8000
(4000-5FFF would be mostly taken by the massive jump table for 83 support.)

Another thing I plan on doing for the 83+ is cracking the digital signing.
TI is not going to use any sort of digital signing that prohibits
exportation of 83+'s...

How is it that ION has control over the flashrom?  A ROM dump MUST exist for
someone to reverse THAT...

-- Barubary

Follow-Ups: References: