Re: A83: Re: Fresh News

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Fresh News

The first line was a joke so take it easy ! The person who wrote the
original email wrote:

"Am I right, or should I just shut up? =)"

That is why i wrote the first line, and to make sure everone got the joke i
even placed a smiliey after it. Why don't you read the complete email before
you reply ?

This has been known a lot longer than two years (It was probably discovered
around 1992). If you read me email you might notice that I never stated that
I was the one who discovered it, or that it was anything new. I simply do
not see any reason for your reply to my email. Someone was asking a
question, and I simply gave a quick answer.

It is obvious that no one would use BASIC commands for speed, that would be
stupid. Converting BASIC to asm was not my idea, but I do not believe it is
impossible. The reason I thought it might be interesting was that some of
the routines could be useful in asm programs in places speed is not the most
important thing. How much the conversion would speed up the program depends
on how it was done, before anyone tries it we wont know.

I recently signed up for the list, too see what kind of stuff other people
are doing, but it seems to me that the only thing going on here is flaming !
(Have a look at the recent posts and see how much of it is flames and stupid
comments) Someone on this list wrote the following a short while ago:

"Lets just make it a unwritten rule that no one should reply to stupid
emails, and that means that there probably shouldn't be any replies to
this message since it is stupid that I had to write it in the first
place. IGNORE STUPID MESSAGES!"

What about making adding a few more simple "rules":
- Read the emails before posting replies to them
- Comments followed by smilieys should be interpreted as jokes
- Before flaming people make sure that there is some sort of a reason
- Send emails to the person, not the list

Dines