Re: A83: link problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: link problems

> In a message dated 10/20/1999 1:53:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Cedric
Delmas
> asked:
>
> << I want to change the state of the link port. It should be:
>      ld a, "something"
>      out (BPORT),a
>  But what are the value of a in order to have the different possibilities?
>  tried D0HD1H etc. but my 83 crashes.
>  Where can I find a good tutorial on "how to use the link port"?>>
>
> Check TI's documentation, there's an explanation of it there. To my
knowledge
> there is no tutorial on the link port, thats why I suggested it for
ASMGuru
> = P

There are some docs on the link protocol on the TI-files. LINKPROT.TXT it
was I think. Anyways, at the bottom of the text there is a link routine
written in C. Just convert it to Assembly and you're ready. But mind you! On
the PC the pins you read are swapped. So when you read a 2 on a PC you read
a 1 on a TI-83 (or an MSX using my linkcable). However 3 remains 3 and 0
remains 0. The base protocol (plain sending and recieving of bytes) still
works when the pins are swapped, however the higher level protocol will fail
(and highly likely hang your TI).

I have routines to send and recieve bytes for my MSX, only think I have to
do is change the I/O ports and the equotations for the bytes to send (well
actually a little more; I have to delete half of the OUTs in my routines),
if you want me to do it I can, but it will take some days (I can be very
lazy).

I am trying to become member of TCPA, if it works out I'll submit some
sources (and texts) about linking on their page, and someday I'll write a
text about using linking in games too I think. But not now yet, got other
things on my mind.

~Grauw

--
          email me: laurensh@geocities.com or ICQ: 10196372