A83: OT: emacs...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: OT: emacs...

David Phillips wrote:
> Heh, I'll clarify before I send with one word: intuitive.  And Emacs sure as
> heck isn't.

I must agree there..  Stranger keyboardcommands is still to be found :)
quite nice, when you get used to it though.
(and cut and paste and such, isnt harder in emacs than in dos edit. C-space to
set a mark, move to end of block (hold in shift and move to end of block in
dos), C-w to cut (C-x in dos) and C-y to paste (C-v in dos))
I can't see why one is harder then the other..
And you do have menues in emacs to, but they are a bit harder to navigate then
the dos ones, and not as inituative.
It is very easy to get lost in the buffers in emacs :)  (where did my text go??)
I have cursed it a lot of times. I was before a emacs-hater, but now when I have
used it in school a bit, I am beginning to like it.. (yikes :))
If you want intuitive, you can use xemacs.

//Olle

Follow-Ups: References: