Re: A83: Wireless Chat...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Wireless Chat...

On 30-May-99, you wrote:

> In a message dated 05/30/99 5:37:26 AM, lairfight@softhome.net writes:

>>> Ahh ok I guess I missed that but on my 89 and 83 if I put in headphones
>> or a
>>> link in improperly, the calculator halts until I remove the headphone
>> or
>>> fully insert the link. Then the processor seem halted but can still play
>>> music. Stange...
>>
>>> From: Chris (Man in the Moon)
>>> ch@calc.org
>>
>> Why would the processor halt!? What happens is that ti-os thinks it gets
>> command from a remote calculator (such as GetCalc()), and doesn't return
>> home screen mode until it has completed the link port request. Which isn't
>> request at all, merely a link port line going from 0 to 1 or something.
>>
>> Linus

> Does the normal OS's Interrupt check the port regularly?  Not just from a
> "GetCalc(" command like you said, but is it always being read to see if the
> lines change high/low or something, so as to why the calc can do Silent
> Linking from the computer? I'd like to know how that works exactly, with the
> OS and Interrupts, if anyone knows... =)

> Jason_K

I'm not sure if ti-os handles link port requests in the interrupt routine or
in the main loop, but I have a vague memory of finding some related routines
in _mon (the main loop). Either way, as you know, GetCalc() can be used both
when the other calculator is at the home screen or when it is running a
program.

Linus
--
                                                           wwww