Re: A83: Wireless Chat...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Wireless Chat...

In a message dated 05/30/99 5:37:26 AM, lairfight@softhome.net writes:

>> Ahh ok I guess I missed that but on my 89 and 83 if I put in headphones
>or a
>> link in improperly, the calculator halts until I remove the headphone
>or
>> fully insert the link. Then the processor seem halted but can still play
>> music. Stange...
>
>> From: Chris (Man in the Moon)
>> ch@calc.org
>
>Why would the processor halt!? What happens is that ti-os thinks it gets
>command from a remote calculator (such as GetCalc()), and doesn't return
>home screen mode until it has completed the link port request. Which isn't
>request at all, merely a link port line going from 0 to 1 or something.
>
>Linus

Does the normal OS's Interrupt check the port regularly?  Not just from a
"GetCalc(" command like you said, but is it always being read to see if the
lines change high/low or something, so as to why the calc can do Silent
Linking from the computer? I'd like to know how that works exactly, with the
OS and Interrupts, if anyone knows... =)

Jason_K