Re: A83: Longest

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Longest

> On 13-May-99, you wrote:
> > I think the person who has been here the longest
> is Linus, but he tends not
> > to have a lot of time on his hands.

>--- Linus Akesson <lairfight@softhome.net> wrote:
> No way, there must be someone else who's been here
> longer... but anyway, I
> don't think I'd be the right person to do it, since
> I'd probably want to
> change most of the code myself.
>
> Linus

  Now that I really think of it, I believe you might
be the person longest on the list.  But anyway... you
writing the code yourself would get it done a hell of
alot faster and probably be a hell of alot better.

  I don't think the organization is going to anywhere
it would need to be.  For one thing.. passing it down
the line... the game would take months upon months...
every single person who got the source next, would
have to learn the code from the beginning.  Everyone
knows how difficult this would be, most of the ppl on
this list have looked at others source code and even a
well commented source is sometimes hard to understand,
and then to learn what everything does completely!!

  Your best bet is to have ppl writing general
routines, and then one or two ppl personalizing them
for the game.

Well you can count me out of this project... I already
have way to many programs incomplete (RPG ect..) to
spend time on this, maybe after I finish a few of them
but until then...

Jimmy Conner
===
»      TIMagic@beer.com      «