Re: A83: I need help!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: I need help!!

In a message dated 03/17/99 11:06:11 PM, jimbob_v@hotmail.com writes:

>Hi all,
>	I recently started to teach myself
>about ASM on the 83, and this is what I've
>taught myself so far...
>-displaying on the screen in both size fonts
>-drawing lines
>-storing and recalling from system and user
>variables
>-wait for a keypress
>	That's about it. I'm writing a new
>version of the game Alien Breed that I
>programmed last year some time. I found that
>it took too long to load because the level
>data is stored in pictures in the form of
>pixel combinations (in blocks 2*2) and it
>had to be extracted to Mat[A].
>	I'm hoping that someone could help
>me write some code to do this is ASM.
>You'll have to make it sound as simple as
>possible, because I still don't know a lot
>of stuff.
>	Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>Thanx.

Hmm, I don't know your code from Alien Breed (in Basic right?) but explain a
little more about how you are deriving this pixel data?  Are the pixels
generated randomly, how are they stored to the picture, how do you recall
them, what use does this 2x2 pixel data have to the game, etc...?  You may
find it easier to start over I guess, and store the data as numerical values
in an array of ".db" statements. You're familiar with those right?  Hmm, I'm
just thinking that using the exact same method, but converting it to ASM, is
Not your best bet. Try to explain to us more what your Basic code does, so We
(the List [or maybe its just me who feels like helping]) can get a better idea
of whats going on, and improve your method. cya... =)

--Jason K.