Re: A83: delay help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: delay help

 Well it seems that something I did came out right.( take the xor
out).  lol
  As for the delay routine, make sure that if 'bc' is important then
push it first.  That is the most likely problem.
  Should look something like this.

Jimmy

=======================
codethatneedsadelay:
     call    delay
     ret

delay:
        push    bc
        push    af  ; Just in case
	ld 	bc, 09FFFh  ; Delay length->bc
delayLoop:
	dec	bc	; bc-1->bc
	ld 	a, b
	or 	c
	jr	nz, delayLoop
        pop     af
        pop     bc
	ret

---Cory Derenburger <cderenburger@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Afew days ago I was suggested to take the  "xor (hl)" out of the
> XORSprite routine, well it worked great and now my program is finally
> fixed.  I took out 41 bytes of uneeded code because of this change
> (program is now under 1kb).  You guys showed me a delay routine.  I
> understand how it works, but I couldn't get it to work after 70 min
of
> playing with it, it would freeze at that part.  Could one of you guys
> write a small peice of code showing how to use it?
>
> Also, anybody here interested in making a port?  Hopefully some of
you
> have heard of the EII.  It is an external hard-drive to a TI calc
giving
> 512 kb (imagine that for a 83!!!) extra memory.  Alan Johnson was
> working on this but decide to leave it unfinished.  Please contact
> Bruce Christensen at    bruce@iname.com   if you are interested.
It's
> been written for the 85,86 and I think the 92.  A port from the 86
> shouldn't bee too hard should it?

==
»          TI-Magic          «
» http://www.timagic.cjb.net «
»     TIMagic@Yahoo.com      «
-- Newbies to 83 ASM!  Here is all you need.
         http://www.ticalc.org/pub/text/z80/