Re: A83: Lower case

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Lower case

Jimmy Conner wrote:

>   Seems I wasn't screwed in the head after all, but that the 83 is one
> screwy piece of machinery.  Calcem's mem edit showed me that the 83
> will NOT display any of the 'other' lowercase letters through basic. I
> wrote a basic program with just JIMMY in it.  Hex editted it, to Jimmy
> and when you edit it through basic you get,
> JFloat<<Seq
>
>   So either calcem, my asm program, and I am wrong or there will be no
> new lower case letters stored in a string for basic users.

Don't give up so easily.  If you interpret a string as a character
sequence instead of a token sequence, you could have display functions
in ASM to display it.  However, it *would* be impossible to use this
string as before, since it would be tokenless.

Whether that string contained "Jimmy" or "JFloat<<Seq" depends on how
you interpret it - remember, a string is only binary data at the lowest
level, so if you work from the lowest level, that data can mean whatever
you wish.

--
John Kugelman.  kugelman@mnsinc.com

I believe we can change anything.