A83: Game programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Game programming

In my eternal effort to combat Off-topic messages (my pet peeve),  I'm
going to ask a real ASM question.  That's right: A real ASM question.
Well, here it goes.

I am thinking about an idea for a game.  There's one problem though:  I
totalydon't know how I can have many objects exist on the screen at one
time and check all of them for collisions with my main object.  I'm
making a game where you dodge flying asteroids.  I might make them
diferent sizes.  I might let you shoot them.  I might add enemy ships.  I
might even eventualy turn his into a ful-blown Asteroids port.  But thats
not the point.  The way it's going now, it will either be a sid scroller
or a vertical scrolling game.  I need toknow how I can see if the ship
collided with an asteroid.  Right now. I'm looking more for abstract
ideas than the final product.  I've learned enough ASM that I can turn
the ideas into code now.

Thanks,
Alan
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]