Re: A83: Square root of 0, OT

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Square root of 0, OT

>This is extremely off topic but I figured somebody could tell me here.
>The square root of 0 according to my handy-dandy TI-83 is 0. But, here
>is where I am lost. Wouldn't the below equation rule 0 as non-real?
>
>   ___        2
>  / 2   --   X
>\/ X    --  ---
>
>If X was zero make this impossible? And if not then how can you prove
>the square root of 0 is 0.
>
>BTW, forgive my ignorance if this something that isn't that complicated.

hmm..  I was a bit tired at my last mail :)  but I still dont really get
the question.. anyway  the answer tthe equation above is that X is valid
for all Values (hmm..  I dont rally know the mathematical therms in english
:) exept for 0..

couse:
	   SQR(X^2) = X^2/X  =>     : X != 0 because you cant divide with zero.
       => X= X^2/X =>
	=> X=X	          		: X = All possible Real(?) values..
					: but the answer X=0 is ruled out by the 					: original equation

//Olle - sorry if I didn't answer your question ;)