Re: A83: Re: ASM High Score

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: ASM High Score

Jimmy Conner wrote:

>    You must have misunderstood me, I didn't say that using descriptive
> labels was dumb.  It helps people who are looking at the program learn
> from it.  I'm just saying that alot of people release their source to
> help people out and forget to take out the place in the source that
> tells where the source is.  I think I do remember there being a high
> score on TI-Files for Diamonds.  Here is a snip right out of the
> source code.
>
> <snip>
> highscore:      .db     $0000
> </snip>
>
>   Becuase this was included in the source you never know if the high
> scores submitted were genuine or not.
>
>   So to wrap this up, all  I am saying is that if you want to have
> high scores at least take the location of them out of your posted
> source codes.

As someone else said..  even if you remove that label, it is _not_ very much
harder to find the hiscore location.. (If now you are so incredible fucking
stupid so you want to fake a hiscore.. Whet do you win from it?  some of your
friends think you are "cool"??  Do this person think he gets som "status"?  Its
sooo silly and immature.., but then.. the average age of the ti-community isnt
very high..  (at least not the 83-scene) so I wouldnt be very suprised if fake
highscores popped up... You dont need to prove you can change them.. everybody
knows it is posible..)
You could ofcourse make your prog som K bigger and make som relocating cryptated
higscore..  and in the source leave this out.. but I think this is just waste of
time and space..

//Olle