Re: A83: I need help sending games to me 83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In a message dated 10/13/98 4:43:55 PM, ManjiLump@aol.com writes:

>>I have a Mac graph link, the games I send don't work, the grouped files
>>don't ungroup, I would appreciate any help I can get
>>
>>-MikeXC35

>try GraphLink.

What was That suppose to mean? Well, I can help though... I have a MAC also
and have been through this, but isnt there only one type of graph link put out
by TI, and the only difference is the adapter? Well, thats what I have... So,
for Grouped files, yes it wont send it like it is for some reason, but there
is a process to get them to the right format.. Take the "83p" and "83g" files
you downloaded and send them to the TI-Autotype Program (you can probably get
it from TI's Website, but I think its on 'ticalc.org' somewhere also) and with
This program, its a drag 'n drop thing, where ya should just put TI-Autotype
on the desktop, and take the icon of the 83* file and drag it to there, and it
should change it. You must close and reopen that window and the icon should
change also, and then you know its good, But, theres still more to go from
there... Use the utility within the Linking program to UUEncode that Group
File, and then Decode that new file that was created, and replace the existing
one with this newly decoded Group File. The Icon should change again, at that
point, from one that looks like an 83P file with only a 'G' extension, to its
own Icon wich is a little folder-type thing.  Once you see the file with that
Icon, it should be sendable now... When you go into the actual Sending window,
you have to change the Category of files being sent, in that little pull down
window thing, because (for some reason)  the category of 'All Files' doesnt
allow the Grouped Ones to show up in the box. So, goto the pull down window
and choose 'Grouped Files' and that should do it... If you wish to Ungroup
them, the Group File must have that new Icon type that we went through, and
then just simply use the Ungrouping Utility within TI's linking program...
Now, thats how to deal with Grouped Files on Mac, I dont understand what you
mean by "they dont work". Is that on your calc, or it couldnt be, right?
Because you couldnt send them until going through this procedure...? Well,
whatever... Send another reply if you dont understand any part of this... Hey,
Im your Mac Guy, if you have any further trouble, although Im afraid
assembling on a Mac is still not possible... The makers of CAZ havent done
anything in like a year, but thats alright. The latest version of it required
so many changes in the programming techniques, any ASM programs compiled from
it would probably not be compatible or something... Although, I just use the
crappy 386 that I also have, to do my assembling. I prefer my Mac more, over a
PC, though... =P  Well, whatever. Hope I could be of help on the problems you
had... =)
																--Jason K.