Re: A83: Re: Bugs in Sos v1.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Bugs in Sos v1.5

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Linus Akesson wrote:

> On 09-Oct-98, Joe Wingbermuehle wrote:
>
> >Well, you'll all be happy to know I'm working on a new prgmA. This new prgmA
> >will not graph the Y=s (hopefully keeping prgmA the same size...). That
> >should fix all the problems in SOS.
> >But, if I can't keep prgmA the same size, I will simply leave it the way it
> >is.
>
> >Joe Wingbermuehle
> >http://www.usmo.com/~joewing/
>
> I assume that it will re-enable only the graphs that were enabled when sos
> was started, and that no matter what mode you are in, it will still work. But
> I still don't think relying on a program called "A" is a good idea. People
> want to have other programs on their calcs, and the A messes up the program
> list. Yes, you can live with it, but it doesn't look nice. But the reason I
> currently refuse to use sos is the fact that you cannot rename prgmA to
> something else!

What about using RCL Linus, or otherwise just make a program that do
Send(9ZSOSL
all the other stuff is unnecessary unless you don't know how to handle
your calc.
Also the name a is good because of two reasons, it'll appear first in the
prgm menu, therefore it's just to press enter, and it also take up less
memory with a one letter name.

> >btw, most of the "bug reports" I get have to do with other people's programs
> >acting up...
>
> Let's just say I'm not surprised...
>
> Linus

I think SOS should be used, but if you make a program that don't uses
libraries it should have a nop in the beginning so it is executable even
from ashell if someone wants to, and not do like Ahmed done with ztetris.

/Stefan

Follow-Ups: References: