Re: A83: C compiler for TI83!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: C compiler for TI83!

Master M wrote:

> Generally speaking, high level languages generate sloppy un-optimized
> code that ttakes up more memory than fully-optimized hand-coded programs.
>  Because of the 83's space limitations, I don't think it would be a good
> idea to use a C-Compiler

Though, if you'd move past this 80's mentality, you'll realize that the
opposite is usually true nowadays.  Most compilers can generate *better*
code than the average assembly programmer.  Learning to program in
assembly does not mean you will automatically write super fast,
maximally efficient code.

And besides, even if the compiler isn't very good, it's still much
better to write in a HLL and then optimize the assembly language output
after the program works.  It's much easier to develop code with a HLL
than assembly, so why work with assembly when you don't need to?

--
John Kugelman.  kugelman@mnsinc.com

I believe we can change anything.
I believe in my dream.