Re: A83: Tutorials...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Tutorials...

James Matthews wrote:

> PS:  Bryan, Harper (the guys with the connections...:):  is there anyway I
> can get my tutorials REVIEWED on either ticalc or Ti-Philes...I want 1. the
> publicity :), and 2. Constructive feedback...Conway was the only guy who
> gave me feedback who I didn't talk to personally (over ICQ...like Harper
> and Joe).  Thanks.

You can submit them to features@ticalc.org to be published in the articles
section.

> PPS:  I failed my math final :)...there was a question on "mutual
> exclusive"...if you have the number 341521 how many ways can you make a odd
> number if you re-arrange numbers.  360...please say 360 :)...

There are 3 different odd numbers in that 6 digit number, so there are 3
possibilites for the last place value.  The other place values don't matter.
So there are 5 posibilites for the first place value, 4 for the second, 3 for
the third, 2 for the fouth, 1 for the fith, and 3 for the last one.
5*4*3*2*1*3 = 360.  But since there are two 1's, you must divide that by 2
because you could swap the 1's and you would get the same number.  So I think
the answer should be 180.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, HTML, and Support