A83: Re: (no subject)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: (no subject)

On 10-Jul-98, Alan C Johnson wrote:

>2.  How do you get string input?   (It can be done e.i. Password)

You don't. Nobody knows exactly how to do it, but I'm working on it...
(yes, I've _found_ something..  =))

>4.  How do you get pixel legnth for a variable legnth string?  (I
>don't know if it can be done without too much memory
>usage)

You'll have to get it one character at a time, through a procedure that is
handled quite inefficiently by the system.  =) But what you do is that you
loop through all the characters, call a function (don't remember its name but
it's documented at www.ti.com), then add what the function returns for each
character. Like this (the routine wants the string in hl):

GetWidth:   xor   a
gw_loop:    push  af
            ld    a,(hl)
            inc   hl
            or    a
            jr    z,gw_done
            push  hl
            call  _getwidth_dontknowthenameofthefunction
            pop   hl
            pop   af
            add   b   ;I think the return value is in b
            jr    gw_loop
gw_done:    pop   af
            ret

Linus