Re: A83: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re:

Well, first of all you should learn the z80 forwards & backwards, without
asking us. Then you can come back and ask about the ti-83 system. I'm not
saying you aren't welcome, but you should find some information on the z80
_first_, or you'll annoy us all.

Linus

On 10-Jul-98, Jkhum98@aol.com wrote:

>Hey I'm new to this stuff also, but i noticed that your delay loop was a hell
>of a lot shorter than Alan's... it probably helped him a whole lot, but can
>you explain to me what "nop" does and why you had to load "b" just before
>that, and also what the "djnz" does, just give it all to me... im learning
>little by little, but hey.

>Jason Kovacs
><jkhum98@aol.com>

>>hahaha :)  that is a great delay routine... here, try this.  There is also

>>one in bounce.asm in the pub/83/asm/source directory of ticalc.org.

>> ld b,20

>>Loop:

>> nop

>> djnz Loop

>>you could also increase the 20.. and you could replace nop with halt.

>>       -Ahmed

>>> 1.  I need an almost 1/2 second delay that doesn't take up much

>>>space.  See my current pathetically inefficient current

>>>delay below.  It takes up most of the program.

>>> 2.  How do you get string input?   (It can be done e.i. Password)

>>> 3.  How do you store string input anywhere accept a user

>>variavble?  (It can be done, also; same example)

>>> 4.  How do you get pixel legnth for a variable legnth string?  (I

>>>don't know if it can be done without too much memory

>>>usage)

>>>My LOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG delay loop

>>>KeyDelay: ; This is very inneficient but

>>> call ReadEnter ; it was the only way to get

>>> cp kEnter ; it to a good speed

>>> jp z,exit ;

>>> nop ; This accounts for a lot of

>>> push hl ; space this prog takes up

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>>pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>>pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> djnz KeyDelay

>>> ld b,250

>>>KeyDelay2:

>>> call ReadEnter

>>> cp kEnter

>>> jp z,exit

>>> nop

>>> push hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> djnz KeyDelay2

>>> ld b,250

>>>KeyDelay3:

>>> call ReadEnter

>>> cp kEnter

>>> jp z,exit

>>> nop

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>>pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> djnz KeyDelay3

>>> ld b,250

>>>KeyDelay4:

>>> call ReadEnter

>>> cp kEnter

>>> jp z,exit

>>> nop

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>>djnz KeyDelay4

>>> ld b,250

>>> KeyDelay5:

>>> call ReadEnter

>>> cp kEnter

>>> jp z,exit

>>> nop

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> djnz KeyDelay5

>>> ld b,250

>>>KeyDelay6:

>>> call ReadEnter

>>> cp kEnter

>>> jp z,exit

>>> nop

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>>push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> push hl

>>> pop hl

>>> djnz KeyDelay6

>>>jp Loopstart

>>>Mastermind--benjamin99@juno.com, www.bigfoot.com/~mastermind5

>>>IRC: Master_M

>>>ICQ: 11341114

>>>-Its all about the Benjamins

>>>You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.

>>>Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com

>>>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: