A83: Color

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Color

A week or two ago, I hadn't been online for a few days.  When I cam back I was greeted with a flood of email.  Around 50 from just asm83 alone.  I wasn't in the mood to read them, so I just clicked the delete button.  Today I was sorting through my deleted items folder and found the post about color in calculators, which everyone seemed to ridicule so quickly.  In any case, I'd just like to voice my opinion on the subject, if a bit late.  What I'd like to say is that there definitely is a way to produce some color out of the 83's lcd screen.  And no, I don't mean by pressing your finger.  I mean via software.  And no I don't mean the colors black and white.  What i mean is what has happened to me on two occasions, once as recently as yesterday.  I've been testing and debugging a program (a fractal generator in this case) on my 83, and lo and behold it crashes.  Not such a rare occurance.  But as some of you may know, ti calculators sometimes have very impressive ways of crashing.  The show I recieved today was a bunch of lines flashing on and off my screen.  I was just about to take out the right battery (the easiest to take out in my opinion), when I noticed something peculiar.  There was something wrong with the lines.  I took the calc into the light, and there it was.  The lines weren't black (well some of them were, but I'm not talking about those).  They were blue, and red.  I thought for sure I was dreaming.  It must have been because they were flashing on and off so fast.  But then I pressed the on button and one line stayed on the screen.  The line was blue.  I verified the fact with a magnifying glass.  It was undoubtedly blue.  Then a though crossed my mind, what if the pixels were always blue, but then just looked black, like on the 92.  So I took out the trust right battery, pressed on a few times and put it back in.  As I pressed the on button, the refreshing words, Mem Cleared filled the screen, in perfect black pixels.  I was amazed. The End. (Oh and then I was pissed cause my program crashed...)

In any case, if you read through that whole story, I'm sorry, but I felt like writing nonsense.  Anyways you get the idea, some type of color is possible, but I dunno how...

-Dan

"A stopped clock is still right twice a day"
--- http://jfsdetroit.org ----