[A82] Re: ROM-offset

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A82] Re: ROM-offset

> Hmm, have to find (or lookup) that one... If I'm lucky then that call
> also
> recalculates the input-buffer, I guess that's why things crash when you
> have moved programs from their old location (in the 2nd filestack), to
> the
> 'beginning' (just after the shell) of the 1st filestack. At return to
> the
> prompt, the TIOS expects the buffer to be at the old memory location.
>
> I already tried once to manualy (VTI memory editor) change the values,
> but
> it 'seemed' to be not quite correct, as since the name of the
> 'BASIC'-program that was executing wasn't at the calculated place
> anymore
> (it was shifted some bytes up in mem), so after returning to the prompt
> and
> executing the test-program once more it didn't work. So I guess my 'end
> of
> buffer' value was incorrect.

The ROM includes a set of functions for each of the application which handles specific functions such as start-up, keyboard input, and termination. The pointers to these functions are stored in system RAM near the pointer used to start the shells. Running the start-up function should initialize everything needed to use the home-screen, but I do not think any one has tried to use it on a TI82 (some one did some experiments with menues on the TI85 which uses the same kind of functions). I do not think the address of these functions is included in any of the calc info docs, but i might have them written down on a piece of paper somewhere.

The ROM also includes several function used to manage the input buffer. One function removes the current buffer, and another one recreates it. So if you are going to modify variables these functions are probably good to know. Try to look  at the Vertigo source as it includes these functions.

Dines

Dines Justesen // dines@aub.dk // www.aub.dk/~dines