[A82] Re: ROM-offset

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A82] Re: ROM-offset

> Van: Dines Justesen <dines@aub.dk>
>
> > also do this)? And is it really needed to set ($8121) at exit of the
> > program/shell back to 'HomeScreen'-type? Isn't there a 'ROM-call'
> > that does right this, I guess the standard error-handler should do
> > this also anyways.
>
> There is propably a ROm call which does this (there is a call which sets
> up most of the homescreen environment), but setting it you self is
> faster, and it is not done in the part of the ROM where the shells return
> to.

Hmm, have to find (or lookup) that one... If I'm lucky then that call also
recalculates the input-buffer, I guess that's why things crash when you
have moved programs from their old location (in the 2nd filestack), to the
'beginning' (just after the shell) of the 1st filestack. At return to the
prompt, the TIOS expects the buffer to be at the old memory location.

I already tried once to manualy (VTI memory editor) change the values, but
it 'seemed' to be not quite correct, as since the name of the
'BASIC'-program that was executing wasn't at the calculated place anymore
(it was shifted some bytes up in mem), so after returning to the prompt and
executing the test-program once more it didn't work. So I guess my 'end of
buffer' value was incorrect.

	Henk Poley <><