RE: A82: statram?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A82: statram?

Well, it looks like STATVARS make themselves their own structure dynamically
in memory just as you run a regression.

I have crash loaded along with edit-82 and several other programs

{0,1,2,3,4}->L1
{5,6,7,8,9}->L2

my memory was at 11796 bytes at this point.

QuartReg

Now, I wind up with 11680 bytes.  What the?  Where did 116 bytes of my mem
disappear?  If statram was static, then it wouldn't suddenly deplete 116
bytes.
So to see what's up I looked up the vat in edit-82.

Looking up VAT ram (around FE6E) seems to show that there is a list variable
(type 01) called 01 2E after the two variables 5D 00 (L1) and 5D 01 (L2),
and also a Yvar (type 03) variable called 62 01.

The variable 01 2E (stat list) has 00 06 entries, thus is 6 * 9 + 6 (vat) +
2 (size) = 62 bytes
It can be renamed as a list (such as L3, 5D 02) and you can view the list
just fine.

The variable 62 01 (RegEQ) is a Yvar string that is 00 2E long, so it is 46
+ 6 (vat) + 2 (size) = 54 bytes

It seems that "a" is actually simply stat(1), "b" is stat(2) etc. "n" is
stat(6) when you run QuartReg.
RegEQ is simply Rcl reg (which is that 62 01 variable).

This showed that STATRAM doesn't quite exist in the TI-82 as it does in the
TI-83.

The area of RAM from $868E which was believed to be STATRAM seems to be
window vars in the following order: (and it says there are 00 9A of them...
26 of them??  maybe it only looks at the lowest 7 bits of that)
 Xmin, Xmax, Xscl, Ymin, Ymax, Yscl,
 thetamin, thetamax, thetastep, Tmin, Tmax, Tstep,
 nMin, nMax, UnStart, VnStart, nStart, ?, ?, XFact, YFact, ?, ?, ?, ?

 This seems to be it, as the next entries seem to be pointer data.  So that
was a total of 26 variables, which totals to 234 bytes not to mention it
would be annoying to some users if it were modified all the time.

 Now, traveling up to $85F3 we seem to find another structure of data, but
this also seems to be another list of Z window vars.  It is the exact same
thing as the list above, except that there seem to be only 25 entries, 225
bytes.  This may also be annoying to some users if modified.

 so far looking into more free mem, i haven't found any.

 how about if the shell just supports a few pages at page boundaries?  maybe
a k or two.

 when i finish my current projects i'll run back to crash2000 and all will
be well for us.

-crashman