Re: A82: Still dead?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Still dead?

I can't speak for the CCIA, but it seems like Zelda89 was successful and much
of a group effort, But I think the TCPA is working very well... I as a member
have been very active in it, and we've been making progress.  Although, I
notice that I work better on coding independently, but a group effort is made
in other ways... Tonight, this guy named Jonathan Kaus came around #tcpa
saying how he was going to write an article about programming groups in some
new ezine about TI calculators that has developed somewhere. We gave him some
info and quotes to use, and Dulce (Dan Englender) brought up a good point that
with these alliances, we individual programmers are supplied with artists and
beta testers who we have close communication with because of the alliance.
Our group uses IRC a lot, and I find it useful to talk to people of the team
that I know, and I can get help on certain things in programming, in real time
discussion instead of sending questions to these lists. People don't bother to
reply to these anyway, and if so then it is a day or so later, which I cant
get assistance as quickly.  The IRC channel for our alliance frequently talks
about programming, unlike say #ti-files that recently talks Only about
football... =P  The point I'm trying to make is that a good part of these
alliances is the communication that is created and enhanced.  It has been said
that alliances are no good because all people have different ideas, and not
everyone can agree on how a certain project or programming technique can be
accomplished.  I find the alliance very beneficial though among the TI
calculator community, because we can more easily spread our ideas, and members
of these alliances can do what they do best, and fill in gaps for each
other... =)
															--Jason K.