A82: Re: Hays Games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: Hays Games

I would just like to make a few comments on this.  Here is section on text
that appears on the Hays Games Home Page:

>> An ever charming message from the ever charming Ticalc.org staff:
Yesterday, in anattempt to upload Tetris Gold onto the Ticalc.org server, >>
their "Charming" staff went Munson on us with this reply letter to
choad_22@hotmail.com, just look at it:

>> Please adjust your readme file. We will not allow derogatory comments of
others to appear in our readme files, nor programmers who claim >> that
their game is "better" than someone else's, specifically.

Now it appears that ticalc.org caught this program and didn't approve it,
only because it contained derogatory words.  If no such words were in the
readme, then it might have been added.  ticalc.org should be much more
careful... Since I have tested every program in the archives, I know what
each program is like and would instantly know if someone uploads a cheap
copy of one.  However, I doubt the current archivers are that up-to-speed on
all 7200+ programs.

I remember when I was at ticalc.org and I added a few of these games.  Then
after a while, they got suspicious and I went back and checked them ALL
over.  I compared their source code to other similar games in the same
directories, and what did I find?  They were copies.  So I deleted them.  I
suspect that is why Hays Games is a little ticked at me.  They have posted
"interviews" in the past on their website that have been VERY derogatory.
However, as I look at the interview of me posted, as of 10:45 PM EDT, it
looks fairly accurate... I am surprised.

But it does look like they are out to cause disorder in the TI community.
And as you can see in their peice-o-crap e-mail response to you Sam, they
try using unrelated stuff to justify their actions.  But I wouldn't worry
too much about them, they aren't "powerful" or anything.  However, they did
get Bill Nagel pretty pissed at them, but I don't know if that's why he
"left" TI calc. programming.

By the way, look at this e-mail I got today from them:

>> So, you got Munsoned out by ticalc.org, eah?  Why not get back at
>> them.  Join Hays Games Co.  You hate ticalc.org, we hate ticalc.org,
>> it's all good.

I thought that was pretty funny...

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@isd.ingham.k12.mi.us>